How-To: Surprise Box™ 50
Before you start:
- Hand wash pieces with dish soap and warm water. Dry well. Not dishwasher safe.
- Watch our video and go through the following instructions
Let’s Roll:This box is designed to hold up to 50 US dollar bills.*
Other paper items like notes, event tickets, lottery tickets, etc. may be used but thicker items will decrease the amount of pockets the box can hold. For best results use crisp, clean items.
*Some plastic rolls may have more than 50 pockets. Please cut off the excess as this box is designed to hold a maximum of 50 pockets.
- Place each money/paper item in a separate pocket. (Use a maximum of 50 pockets.
- After the last item, cut off the unused pockets between the two sealed lines.
- Use a pencil as a guide to start rolling. After tightly rolling 3 pockets around the pencil, remove the pencil and continue rolling tight and evenly until your roll is complete. The maximum diameter of the completed roll is 1⅞” or 47mm.
Measure the diameter of your roll. Is it larger than 1⅞” or 47mm? If yes, then redo step 3.
The lid should easily fit into the box.
Time to assemble:With Roll Clip (a.k.a. clip):
- Open clip by applying pressure with both thumbs.
- Insert the clip into the lid slit (arrows pointing at each other).
- Flip lid with bottom facing up.
- Line up the slit on the lid with the end of money roll. Be sure that the direction of the roll aligns with lid’s slit
- Unroll at least 1” or 25mm of the money roll, place onto the clip.
- Snap the clip closed.
- Snap the lid on the box.
- Insert the topper(s) snugly into clip slot(s).
Without Roll Clip:
- Line up the slit on the lid with the end of money roll.
- Feed at least 1” or 25mm of the money roll into the slit.
- Snap the lid on the box.
- Use tape or ribbon to attach the money roll to your cake topper, candy, or toy to pull on for the reveal! Be creative!
Look on all 4 sides of the box and ensure that the lid is on completely. There should not be any gaps between the lid and the box. Place box on table. Without touching the box or lid, pull on the topper to reveal 2 paper items. Does:
- The box stay on the table, and
- The topper stay on the clip, and
- The money roll stay on the clip, and
- The money rolls out smoothly?
If YES to all 4, then reroll those 2 pockets, reassemble, and continue to the next step!
If NO to any of the 4, no worries! Review “Let’s Roll” and/or “Time to Assemble” and try again. Here are some trouble-shooting tips:
⦁ My topper came out of the clip
⦁ Try to firmly push the topper tighter into the clip’s hole
⦁ Try a different hole in the clip
⦁ My money roll fell off the clip
⦁ Try to re-clip the money roll. Be sure that the clip is completely closed
⦁ Try to fold the money roll and re-clip on the folded material
⦁ My money roll is not coming out! (The box lifts when you pull)
⦁ Measure your money roll without squeezing, is it less than 1⅞” or 47mm in diameter? If not, try to reroll tighter
⦁ If still no luck, perhaps your items are not crisp enough (may occur if using worn dollar bills). Remove 1-2 paper items, cut off the excess money roll and reroll tighter
Prepare your cake:
- Place the box on the top of your cake.
- Using the box as a guide, score the cake, then set the box aside.
- Cut the hole slightly smaller than the box. The hole of the cake (excluding frosting) should be 2” or 50mm deep.
- Remove the cut portion of cake.
- Insert the assembled Surprise Box™ 50 into the hole. The cake needs to fit snugly into the hole. If its too loose, fill space with cake or frosting.
The 4 sides of the box should touch the cake. If not, fill in the gaps with frosting.
Add frosting or cake decorations to cover the Surprise Box™ 50. Use your creativity!
*Reuse your Surprise Box™ 50 for more celebrations! Remember to hand wash; not dishwasher safe. Extra plastic rolls are available. We do not recommend reusing the plastic roll. Here are the custom toppers that are compatible with our roll clip!