The item you just added is unavailable. Please select another product or variant.
How-To Assemble Surprise Box™ from The Money Cake™
Before you start:
1. Watch our video instructions:
*Be sure to follow the Quick Test and Trouble-Shooting instructions below before you place the Surprise Box inside your cake*
2. Hand wash all pieces with warm soapy water and dry well.
Let’s money roll:
This kit includes 2 money rolls with 50 pockets per roll.
Our "Surprise Box" can fit 25 US dollar bills or 15-20 paper items (i.e., movie/concert tickets, lottery tickets, notes), depending on thickness. For best results use crisp, clean items. You will need to cut the money roll with the "Surprise Box"
"Surprise Box 50" can fit 50 US dollar bills.
Gather money/paper items and place each item in a separate pocket.
Cut the roll after the last item, between the two sealed lines.
Use a pencil as a guide to start rolling the sleeves.
After tightly rolling 3 pockets around the pencil, remove the pencil and continue rolling tight and evenly until your roll is complete.
Time to assemble:
1. Place money roll into box with the end on the front side of box. (Use swirl on side as a guide.)
*Without Roll Clip: Line up lid hole with end of money roll; pull end of roll through and snap on lid. Go to step 5.
2. Open the clip by applying pressure to the middle of the top with both thumbs.
3. Insert the clip into the lid hole (arrows pointing at each other).
4. Flip lid over. Line up the end of roll with the side of the lid with the clip. Place the end of the roll into the bottom of the clip and snap closed.
5. Snap the lid on the box.
*Without Roll Clip: go to Quick Test (below). You can use tape or ribbon to attach the money roll to a cake topper, handle to pull on, or be creative!
6. Insert topper(s) into clip slot(s) snugly.
Without touching the box or lid, pull on the topper to reveal 2-3 paper items. If the topper stays on the clip and the money roll comes out smoothly, you are good to go! Reassemble and move onto the last step.
But if you had some trouble, no worries! Here are some trouble-shooting tips:
My topper came out of the clip
Try to firmly push the topper tighter into the clip’s hole
Try a different hole in the clip
My money roll fell off the clip
Try to re-clip the money roll. Review step #4. Be sure that the clip is completely closed
Try to fold the money roll and re-clip on the folded material
My money roll is not coming out! (The box lifts when you pull)
*Reminder that the Surprise Box only holds 25 US dollar bills* Measure your money roll without squeezing, is it less than 1 3/8 inches in diameter? If not, try to reroll tighter
If still no luck, perhaps your items are not crisp enough (may occur if using worn dollar bills). Remove 1-2 paper items, cut off the excess money roll and reroll tighter
*The Surprise Box 50 holds up to 50 US dollar bills*
Prepare your cake:
1. Using box as guide, score & cut a hole near the center of cake, 1 ¾-2 inches deep (depending on box being used).
2. Remove cut portion of cake (may save frosting for later use).
3. Insert assembled Surprise Box™ into the hole.
4. Cover the top of the lid with frosting.
Then capture the moment with pictures or video! And share with us at: email@example.com OR Instagram: @cakingathome
We'd love to see all the surprised faces! :)
Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks for subscribing