How-To Assemble Surprise Box™
Before you start:
1. Watch our video instructions:
*Be sure to follow the Quick Test and Trouble-Shooting instructions below before you place the Surprise Box inside your cake*
2. Hand wash all pieces with warm soapy water and dry well. Not dishwasher safe.
Gather money/paper items and place each item in a separate pocket.
Cut the roll after the last item, between the two sealed lines.
Use a pencil as a guide to start rolling the sleeves.
Time to assemble:
1. Place money roll into box with the end on the front side of box. (Use swirl on side as a guide.)
*Without Roll Clip: Line up lid hole with end of money roll; pull end of roll through and snap on lid. Go to step 5.
2. Open the clip by applying pressure to the middle of the top with both thumbs.
3. Insert the clip into the lid hole (arrows pointing at each other).
4. Flip lid over. Line up the end of roll with the side of the lid with the clip. Place the end of the roll (with some overhang) into the bottom of the clip and snap closed.
5. Snap the lid on the box.
*Without Roll Clip: go to Quick Test (below). You can use tape or ribbon to attach the money roll to a cake topper, candy, or toy to pull on. Be creative!
6. Insert topper(s) into clip slot(s) snugly.
Place the box on a table. Without touching the box or lid, pull on the topper to reveal 2-3 paper items. If the topper stays on the clip and the money roll comes out smoothly, you are good to go! Reassemble and move onto the last step.
But if you had some trouble, no worries! Here are some trouble-shooting tips:
- My topper came out of the clip
- Try to firmly push the topper tighter into the clip’s hole
- Try a different hole in the clip
- My money roll fell off the clip
- Try to re-clip the money roll. Review step #4. Be sure that the clip is completely closed
- Try to fold the money roll and re-clip on the folded material
- My money roll is not coming out! (The box lifts when you pull)
- *Reminder that the Surprise Box 25 only holds 25 US dollar bills* Measure your money roll without squeezing, is it less than 1 3/8 inches in diameter? If not, try to reroll tighter
- If still no luck, perhaps your items are not crisp enough (may occur if using worn dollar bills). Remove 1-2 paper items, cut off the excess money roll and reroll tighter
- *The Surprise Box 50 holds up to 50 US dollar bills*